If you love food but want to lose weight, then:Eat more...
- Fresh and steamed vegetables but go easy on sauces and salad dressings.
- Whole grains like cooked cereals, brown rice, whole-grain breads, pasta.
- Tubers and other vegetables-potatoes, yams, squash, and all kinds of beans, lentils, and peas.
- Fresh, whole fruits.
- Refined, processed, and concentrated foods. They are high in calories and price and low in nutrients and fiber.
- Nuts, meats, and rich dairy products. While these foods are nutritious they have little fiber and are very high in fat and calories. Meats and cheeses, for instance, are 60-80 percent fat.
- Drink plenty of water everyday. Try herb teas, mineral water or just plain water.
- If you feel bored, frustrated, or lonely, go for a walk, drink a glass of water, read a book, call a supportive friend. Or, you can feast on natural foods like semi-frozen grapes, juicy melons, or crunchy carrot sticks.