Beware of soda cans

Coca-cola softdrinksThis email was sent to me by my brother. I was also alarmed when I read the message and I'll share it with you: (this is not a paid ad or whatever)

This is Serious!

This incident happened recently in North Texas.
A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit. She died on Wednesday.

The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass. Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis.

Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances... It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of all soda cans before drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.

warehouseA study at NYCU showed that the tops of all soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e).. full of germs and bacteria. So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident.

3 comments:

Always Kawaii said...

OMG,thanks for sharing this informations,I haven´t know it!

Spicybugz said...

This is an urbanlegend, and not true. http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_leptospirosis_coke_can.htm

Shelly said...

While it is possible to contract leptospirosis from rat urine, this story (email) has actually been in circulation since 2005 and is actually a false (hoax) email. Just thought you'd like to know.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/raturine.asp

Popular Posts

ebay